Monday, 17 February 2014
Getting to know me
I was tagged by lovely Charlotte and though I've probably done one of these things ages ago, Lord knows what strange answers I gave then, so let's start afresh.
1. Do you have a middle name? Yes, Alice for my great-grandmother and Kate because my mum liked it and the K is for her grandfather.
2. What was your favourite subject in school? Hmm, I think it's easier to think of what was the least bad (bad = Maths, Science, Physics, Chemistry). I always liked reading but studying Literature or Philosophy took the fun out of it at times. This all sounds quite negative, so I'll say History.
3. What's your favourite drink? Alcoholic- Gin, cider (the proper sort, none of the Strongbow crap), good wine. Non-alcoholic- tea
4.What's your favourite song at the moment? I don't have a particular one. I listen to all sorts so potentially Inhaler by Foals, or La Boheme by Charles Aznavour, or anything by Major Lazer or Serge Gainsbourg.
5.What would you name your children? Boy- Ezra (no one else but me likes this, which makes me sad but there are some great Ezra's out there, and no it is NOT a girl's name which is D's objection), Noah, maybe Jacob (basically biblical) Girl- Matilda
6. Do you participate in any sports? In a word, no.
7. What's your favourite book? Far far too many to name just the one. Books that have stayed with me- How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff, Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks, all the Song of Ice and Fire books (aka Game of Thrones), Any Human Heart by William Boyd, Brothers by Bernice Rubens... probably lots more.
8. What's your favourite colour? Not something I've thought about since primary school. Maybe blue or green.
9. What's your favourite animal? Cat (obvs). Also I've always loved elephants.
10. What's your favourite perfume? Vetyverio by Diptyque, or Miss Dior Cherie.
11. What's your favourite time of the year? Spring. I used to love Summer but it's not so fun when you don't have two months off school and you're commuting in a sticky sweaty train. Also seeing people's feet on the tube in flip flops makes me feel sick (put them away people).
12. Have you been out of the country? Yes I'll have a bash at naming the places: France (lots of places), Belgium (Brussels, Bruges, battlefields), Germany (Munich, Berlin), Switzerland (Zurich), Spain (Seville, Grenada, Cadiz, Cordoba, Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, Benicassim), Portugal (Lagos), Italy (Rome, Venice, Naples, Pompeii), Poland (Warsaw, Krakow, Lublin), Sweden (Stockholm, Malmo), Denmark (Copenhagen), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Croatia (Zagreb, Split), Morocco (Marrakesh, Essaouira), Tunisia (Tunis, Sousse, Hammammet), Nepal (Kathmandu, Pokhara), St Kitts & Nevis, Ecuador (Quito, Ibarra, Otavalo), USA (New York). Phew, makes me sound like a ridiculous jet setter, which I am not, but I have been around for 27.5 years and this is a collection of holidays with my mum/friends/boyfriend, gap yah, year abroad etc.
13. Do you speak any other languages? French and Spanish.
14. Do you have any siblings? No, just little old me.
15. What's your favourite shop? Meh. I usually shop at a combination of Topshop, Urban Outfitters (sale time only), Monki, and various North London charity shops.
16. What's your favourite food? Avocado (with anything, on anything).
17. What's your favourite movie? There are probably lots- off the top of my head Drive, Amelie, The Dreamers, High Society, The Breakfast Club, Pan's Labyrinth, Labyrinth (David Bowie as Jareth the goblin king FTW)
18. What are some of your favourite TV shows? Game of Thrones, The Returned, Mad Men, Sherlock, The Killing, Flight of the Conchords and Mighty Boosh for old times sake. (Also I quite like Call The Midwife).
19. What phone do you have? iPhone 5c
20. How tall are you? Fairly short- around 5'3 maybe.
21. Any pets? Mr B, the gentleman cat.
22. Any kids? Not yet.
23. If you weren't you, would you be your friend? I'd like to think so- I'm funny and listen to my friends' tales of woe, I can cook a nice dinner... hmm I'd probably be too shy to approach myself, which is a weird thing to type.
24. What's the first thing you notice about someone? Eyebrows.
25. What is your eye colour? Boring brown.
26. Scary movies or happy endings? I really don't like scary movies, unless they're of the old classic variety (Psycho or Evil Dead).
27. Favourite smells? Mint, fresh flowers, the ground when it rains.
28. Do you have any special talents? I'm not sure really- languages, cracking my fingers and toes, flower arranging.
29. Where were you born? In Norf London.
30. What are your hobbies? People don't really have "hobbies" anymore do they? I enjoy eating nice food, reading, cuddling my cat (preferably all three at once).
I would tag anyone that wants to do this, if they have the time and inclination. Go on, you know you want to.
PS: eagle-eyed viewers may realise these photos are from many moons ago (March 2012 to be exact) but the post was deleted, so here they are again. I quite like this outfit and wanted to repost.